Maxin at the Maxwell


There is a new style of hotel in Seattle, one with no breakfast, no bar and a small pool but lots of class. I recently had the pleasure of experiencing The Maxwell in Seattle, Washington.

At first the thought of no breakfast or bar at a modern hotel made me apprehensive and I must admit I went to the Maxwell with a slightly raised brow wondering what’s up? I was expecting to feel the cut to the bottom line during my stay but I was pleasantly surprised.

When I got to the Maxwell, the light bulb went on and I got it. The new style is not to take more away from your experience but make your stay more enjoyable by focusing on the time spent in the room.

The Maxwell provides the maximum room experience with at home comforts. Upon arrival there was no official bell person but the lobby felt like a well designed European boutique hotel. The furniture had style; there were cool patterns in the carpets and chairs. The lobby had plenty of places to sit and relax, with most feeling like a corner of a fashionable home.

The hotel is eclectic but in a modern way. I was impressed with the use of color, mod-retro furniture with high end touches such as fine wood, tile and rich fabrics. The Maxwell does not disappoint with in- room amenities such as the latest model of Keurig® pod coffee maker, a 42 inch flat screen with DVD set up, microwave, mini-fridge and cool Sony bedside clocks.

The beds are wonderful, not only are they good looking with bright splashes of color and great pillows but they feature pillow top mattresses and nice heavy comforters…its stuff like this which will keep you in the room and happy.

When you do decide to leave your “lux cave” you are right in the center of Seattle’s action and just a stone’s throw away from Seattle Center, Pacific Science Center and the Space Needle. The Maxwell’s prime location on lower Queen Anne gives the urban tourist plenty of pubs, retro movie theaters and the best under two buck greasy burgers you have ever had at Dicks. All-in all the Maxwell Hotel’s location is better than a smack dab downtown one because you are on the edge of a neighborhood with easy city access without the parking, homeless or noise you experience in metro centered properties.

I’m all about the old adage “only need a place to rest my head, “ but as a professional in the travel industry, I know that there are more hotels than you would ever want to stay in any major city so when one comes along with an easy style, a room you’ll never want to leave and damn good lobby cupcakes; I’m checking in.

Book your own stay at the Seattle Maxwell hotel with Travel 4 Real 800-554-5170 toll free or 425-355-3711

No comments:

Post a Comment